Thursday, June 23, 2011

Robot Fun!

Yay!  My son is turning 3!  Can't believe how fast time flies, its bittersweet.  He is soooo into robots. He loves other things like Toy Story, Little Bear, Backyardigans, but always Robots are a constant.  So that is the theme this year for his birthday.  I decided to make a robot cake for his birthday and some chip/snack bowls too out of robots.  This is what I came up with.


Front view, arms and legs are doughnuts and the robot is decorated with candy.

This is the back view.

Not a very clear pic, but the snack bowls were made out of boxes and decorated with jewels.  I also made robots out of juice boxes and candy.  They are the little robots, I don't think I got a big pic of those.

This picture is clearer.

I had alot of fun with this this year.  Aside from the icing melting on the cake, I thought it turned out pretty well.  I decided to take a cake class after this and found out "do not use butter in your buttercream icing on a hot/humid day!"  I can't wait to do this cake again once I learn fondant.

The end result:  My son loved it!!!  He told his dad, "Daddy, mommy made me a Robot cake and its enormous!"  To see the sparkle in his eyes and the big smile on his face is all I needed to know that this was a success!! Yes!!  Happy Birthday Peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment